Articles must be written in accurate scientific English appropriate for publication. The articles are subject to review and editing; however, the authors are responsible for the correctness of the manuscript's English language. The articles must be submitted only online.
The Journal publishes:
• Original Article
• Review Article
• Case Report (accepted as Letter to Editor or clinical note)
• Short Communication
• Clinical Notes
• Letters to Editor
• Neurological Images/Videos
• Iranian Neurological Events
The manuscript should be prepared as follows:
Page 1: Title page, including:
- Manuscript Title (Maximum 120 characters)
- Running Title
- Authors full names (First name and last name) with their affiliations
- Corresponding Author's name with affiliation, postal address and email address
Page 2: Abstract (for original, review, and short communications). The abstract should be structured and consist of the following parts: Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
Page 3 and subsequent pages: Main manuscript, structured as Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, and References. Conflict of interest and acknowledgments should be mentioned before references.
Tables and Figures should be submitted as separate files. Figure legends should be mentioned on the last page of the manuscript.
Original and review papers: The maximum length of original and review articles (including tables and figures materials) is 3500 words.
Case reports: Case reports will be accepted only as Letter to the Editor or clinical notes (please see below).
Short communications: The maximum word number of short communications should be below 1200 words with a maximum one table or figure and 10 references. The manuscript should be structured, including introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and conclusion with a structured abstract as original articles.
Neurological images or videos: This section comprises interesting neuroelogical photos or videos. They should be maximally 400 words with legends without abstract and unstructured. The videos should be uploaded as supplementary files.
Letter to the Editor: May concern short scientific reports and comments. The maximum number of words should be below 800 words with maximum 5 references and no abstract, maximum 1 table or figure, and unstructured.
Clinical notes: Refer to important, interesting observations that are imperative for reminders in clinical practice. The maximum number is 1000 words with maximum 8 references, 1 table, and 1 figure with no abstract.
Iranian neurological events: Include a brief description of major regional events (congresses or seminars) implemented in Iran.
All papers submitted for publication in the Journal are assessed by at least two independent reviewers with the mutual anonymity rule as to the names of reviewers and authors observed. During manuscript submission, it is required to introduce two pertinent reviewers.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject a paper without seeking reviewers' opinion provide the content, or the form of the paper does not meet minimum acceptance criteria or if the subject of the Article is beyond the aims and scope of the Journal.
Everyone listed as the Author of a paper is responsible for the reliability and completeness of data presented in the paper.
We do not accept any new co-author after the authors received acceptance.
Do not submit papers that copy fully or partially previously published papers.
Indicate that this submission is ready to be considered by this Journal by checking off the following:
• The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
• The submission file is in Microsoft word document file format.
• The text is double – spaced; uses and Arial 12 – point font, and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the end of Article.
• The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If the Editorial Board is not notified in advance and the paper is found to have been copied during editorial work, the paper shall be rejected.
We expect that all studies reported in the Journal conform to the requirements of the Declaration of Helsinki (1989).
Information on the consent of a relevant ethics committee to perform the trial and the informed consent of the patients to participate in the trial should be given in the Material and methods section of each paper in which diagnostic or therapeutic intervention does not follow from the standard procedure. Authors of case reports must not disclose personal data of patients described.
Submissions should be accompanied by a cover letter including a declaration by the first Author on behalf of the others to the effect that
(1) The paper has not been published to date (except for abstracts of conference materials).
(2) The paper has not been accepted for publication elsewhere.
(3) All persons listed as the authors have read it and approved it for publication.
Authorship form is necessary for all submitted articles.
After inserting the names of all authors in below table, the printed form should be signed by all authors and the scanned form should be uploaded in the Submission System.
Please download it from below link:
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the Journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this Journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
After inserting the names of all authors in below table, the printed formed should be signed by all authors and the scanned form should be uploaded in the Submission System